Thursday, February 08, 2007

Giddyup

We have also started to take riding lessons in Haut Bay, at a stable called The Riding Center. It works well for us that we are in a developing country, because lessons are so affordable. I haven't ridden since I was a child. Growing up, my best friend had two horses (Misty and Daisy), and although she didn't really like to ride (she thought it was boring) - I made her take me out sometimes. Later I took a class through Girl Scouts at El Rancho de Paz, in Owego. It wasn't much, but it was enough of an introduction to keep me excited about horses since. Sebastien took riding lessons a couple of years ago (he is the star pupil in our class) when he was living in France. It has been wonderful. Challenging, but wonderful.
This past week, I rode Peanut, so far my favorite of the horses. I am bringing carrots on Saturday, for sure.

No comments: