Sunday, September 21, 2008

Prior Engagement


Well, now it is more official than ever. Sebastien and I got engaged about a month ago. We are super excited about it (of course). I proposed to him at a Radiohead concert (and it was COMPLETELY spontaneous). Sebastien still wanted to be able to get me the ring we designed together, and he surprised me with it yesterday morning, amidst much tickling. It is a beautiful ring, and even more so because we designed it together. Even though it is just a "thing," it is nice to look down and think of how lucky I am to have such a wonderful person in my life!

5 comments:

TheMuscatoHansens said...

GORGEOUS ring for a GORGEOUS girl! So happy that it has such special meaning for you two!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Oh and I love the music too! You rock!

The Telford Family said...

Hope - I'm taken with the photo you've added to this post. It's breathtaking. Your expression and the lighting, the composition - all work together to completely create a genuine emotion that is amazing. I love the ring. And it being a "thing" as you say - well, i know that my "thing" of a ring is incredibly special to me, and its a simple but powerful reminder of how perfect your brother is for me (and i for him) in this crazy world. It represents our love, our family (ever growing) and how we're here for one another. I am so very excited for you and Seb. I only wished you guys lived in the next town, so we could hang out all the time...

Lorelei Eurto said...

Congratulations Hope!! How exciting. I'll be reading your blog to read all about the upcoming wedding plans!!

Best,
Lori

Julie said...

I am so happy for you guys! :)

Caitlin said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, such a cute photo!!!!!!!!!!!