Wednesday, November 01, 2006

WANTED:

Three days after we got here, we were exploring the neighborhood closest to our house. We had just been talking about ideal work situations, so when we saw a sign for an architect, we rang the bell, and went in to ask for jobs (why not?). Both Sebastien and I had an interview the following Thursday, and Sebastien got a job four days per week, which I would say is a great omen in many ways. I am working in the same office, until I find something that is more full-time. The architect and her father where he got work are quite kindly recommending me to their friends, who seem to be hiring. I am crossing my fingers, but it would be wonderful to get my hands into local building design. I will be working in her office helping with an office remodel for the time-being.

No comments: