Sunday, February 01, 2009

Office Under Water

Here is my good friend Caitlin a few weeks ago, in response to what happened at our office:
So this is a little late in coming, but I have a lot to catch up on. Our office had a flood. Vancouver has been having an extremely unusual winter, much colder and dryer and snowier than usual. The pipes froze in the suite of offices above ours, and burst all throughout our floor. All of the elevators were rendered unusable for a few days, and only one out of five is really back to working without any hitches now. The flood thankfully happened a few days before Christmas, and so quite a few people were out of town, which, as you can probably see from the pictures was a good thing. I got some calls after it happened saying not to come in to work the week before Christmas, but I went in after we got back from Oregon for cleanup. One of the calls was my boss saying, "we just poured a bunch of water out of your computer!" I wish these photos could show the damage was done, although it could have been MUCH worse. Mostly, the carpets all had to be pulled up because of mold, and this is still affecting the air quality. Besides that, and tons of ruined drawings that were lying under people's desks (two boxes of archived drawings under mine - whoops!), things are turning out fine. My computer even works! That was kind of a bummer.... I wanted an excuse to have the office buy me a more powerful computer.

3 comments:

The Telford Family said...

I only knew about this because of your status one day on FB about digging out of water... and you're right, the pics DON'T do the damage justice, but i trust you. Was there anything REALLY IMPORTANT lost or damaged, like something in the works for the Olympics or something? I bet that's classified anyhow... ;-)

TheMuscatoHansens said...

CRAZY!!!

Caitlin said...

Wow, i didn't realize this photo was up of me!!!! I really can be unattractive at times...ahahhahaa