Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Little Orange Monster

Here are some shots of the first of the little monsters I've started sewing. He is made out of the same wool sweater as the hat I made a few posts ago (I love that color orange). He is now living with Sebastien's sister's very cute son, outside Seattle. They live in the country, so hopefully he won't create much trouble.

He is naughty, though. Really naughty. Look at the havoc he created around my office!


(As I showed him around, l.o.m. hid in the plant on my co-worker's desk.)


(He answered my phone for a bit, but I found out later he was rude to a client....)

(Then I lost him for a bit, and when I found him again, he was having a little "office fun.")



(These photos are edited - there are MANY I couldn't show here.)



(When he found out we were in the Olympic host city, l.o.m. just HAD to get his picture taken with the mascots.)


My other three sweet nephews will get the next little monsters. They are all totally different, and totally fun to make. Why don't I have more time to sew and do projects, again? Maybe I should ask l.o.m. to come back and help me do paperwork, so I can have more time at home!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopie,

This is much better than the pillow you made in Home Ed.


Shirley Thompson

darcy said...

I had a chance to meet L.O.M. when he was still in Vancouver. Though i found him to be fairly mischievous, I also found him to be quite kind and gentle. And then I found him in the fridge eating my sandwich that i had brought for lunch. And now if I find him I'm gonna throttle him!

Hope said...

Ms. Thompson - I am amazed that you remember me from Home Economics from 20 years ago! I thought you had been lucky enough to retire by now! I hope I was right. You aren't still teaching, are you?

Jenniger - I am glad you can attest to how rude l.o.m. can be. But he is also so lovable. He probably didn't even realize it was someone else's sandwich. But violence.... Come now.

Unknown said...

you left that monster with my nephew!?! there is no telling what they'll get up to together.

Unknown said...

looks l.o.m is quite the trouble maker, good thing he is so cute! I am amazed that he was able to do things like photocopy and hold the phone with no thumbs! amazing!
is that really Ms. Thompson????

Hope said...

He is an amazing monster, he is.... Yep. Tilly Thompson herself. You didn't know that she is an avid blog-follower? Hehe. Mrs. Wilcox too....

TheMuscatoHansens said...

Ahhahahahaha! You make me laugh! I need to try a monster for AnaSofia... Did you use a sewing machine for the sweater fabric?

Hope said...

Hi Jenn,
Yeah - the knit gets so tight when you felt it that you can just cut and sew it together. It is a pretty hefty fabric after that!
:)
H

Sandra Vander Schaaf said...

that l.o.m. has already more than earned his keep in providing entertainment. well done hopeyt!