Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Marry My Son (Please!)

Last night I was at a dinner party with some of my great girl friends, and one of them told a story about how her parents once set her up on a date with a guy (who will remain nameless), mostly because he, too, is Jewish, and was their friends' son. Well, she went out on the date, and soon after she gave her parents two options:

1)they could try to set her up again and never have her as a dinner guest at their house again, or 2)they could not EVER try to set her up again, and maintain a good relationship with her!

Mr. Obvious says it wasn't that great of a date*.... It was a great story, and we all laughed about the circumstances.

Imagine my amusement when this morning I opened one of my favorite blogs, A Cup of Jo, and found a post about this very thing! The New York Post also wrote an article about it! How hilarious! And what a great idea too....

Would you ever set up one of your kids (grandchildren/nieces/nephews, etc.) on a date, or would you be okay with your parent (grandparent/aunt/uncle, etc.) setting you up?

Thank you, S, for such a great story! Thank you also for organizing such a relaxing, entertaining, and tasty evening. I love you gals!

*There was, of course, more to this story, but I am not one to hear kiss & tell stories and then tell again!

2 comments:

tamara said...

I gave up matchmaking when I set up a date for a female friend with a guy who turned out to be gay.

I figure if I'm that incompetent I ought to leave the matchmaking to others!

Hope said...

Tamara -
I think I remember that! Yeah, I would agree that isn't the best sign.... Oh well. You are awesome at what you DO do!

Love you!
Hope