Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What a Ridiculous Place I Live

This weekend was wonderful.

Saturday we went to Playland (the oldest amusement park in Canada, by the way) for my friend's birthday. We all rode the roller coasters and had a wonderful time. The weather was perfect (not too hot/ not too cool), and it was a great group of people. Happy birthday, H!

I have to admit that I am not the biggest roller coaster fan out there. I can ride spinny/swoopy rides all day (think Teacups), but coasters aren't my thing. Especially not my thing is the wooden roller coaster, inventively named "The Coaster," built in 1958. The huge bruise on my knee says it all (I was out of my seat and on my feet a few times), and every time I've ridden it (yes, I've been dragged on a few times now), despite my best efforts, the pictures at the end of the ride always tell the same story: my head is once again in Sebastien's lap, as we go over the biggest drop. It is a scary ride. That is why people go on it, I guess.
Sunday was a great day as well. Sebastien was in class all day (archery), so I was able to have some good Hope-time, and take care of some things. I cooked a little at home after church, did some laundry, and then I rode my bike out to Jericho Beach, to hear the music from the Vancouver Folk Festival.

Sitting in the warm sun, listening to good reggae.... There is nothing like it.

2 comments:

Christine, yer thrill-seeking sis-in-law said...

Man, it easily sounds like the most perfect weekend!!! For the record, you may not know, i'm a roller-coaster-a-holic! I **LOVE** them. The less harnessing in, the better. Lap bar only please, thank you. Dig the air time! I hope my kids join me some day!

TheMuscatoHansens said...

Sounds perfect! Love the photos!!!