Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 6: Check out THIS Font

Around 8: in the morning, we are going to cross through a town called Ayegui. Just after this town, is a Fuente del Vino, literally a Fountain of Wine, for pilgrims to fortify themselves for the trip ahead.

I doubt I will have more than a sip of this very generous offering (it is 8:am!) now, but I like to know that I live in a world where this fountain (did I mention it is spewing wine?) is in operation constantly, and has been for hundreds of years.

Don’t think about the logistics of this; it isn’t pretty.

If you could choose any fountain you wanted, what would it be? Sadly I think I would have to say I would choose a melted cheese fountain.

1 comment:

Scott & Phoebe said...

What fountain?... Sadly, my life would be easiest if I had a good, old fashioned, n'er-a-drought, MONEY fountain. Very American and boring, isn't it? (If that's off the table, then... CHOCOLATE, please!)