Sunday, March 13, 2011

Re-Gifting Made Nice (8 Reusable Gift Bags)

I started with an idea from a friend. Then I moved onto this sketch:
From there, it was just pretty fabric, and some sewing. The bags virtually made themselves!**



These are the first three I made. I really love how they turned out.


These five are a different pattern. I don't think the bags are as elegant as the ones in the first few pictures. The sewing did go much faster, and I was happy to get through all these bags in a relatively short amount of time!


Another friend asked for a rush job on Christmas Eve Eve, making 10 wine bags (from the green, orange and red polka dot fabric above) for their annual Christmas party. It was a challenge to fit it in (and get all my own presents finished in time), but it was worth it. Everyone apparently love their bags!

What did you use to wrap your presents this year? (Check out this lady's awesome little touches to her gifts - maybe next year....)

I guess in the same way that the cobbler's kids had no shoes, the reusable giftbag maker's Christmas presents were wrapped in paper this year. Next year, hopefully I can do projects for myself, too!

**This is not true. While it is a pretty simple project, unfortunately the bags DID NOT make themselves.

2 comments:

TheMuscatoHansens said...

I really REALLY want to do this next year. They look beautiful under your tree!

Hope said...

It was a super fun project to do, and not TOO intensive! I will definitely be making myself gift bags to send out next year (and hopefully they can be used again and again)! Thank you!