Sunday, March 13, 2011

Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood....We're the People that You Meet Each Day

I am excited for spring weather to come! We have seen glimpses of the sun, but winter here means rain, and don't get out of the house nearly as much as I would like (although the wet weather is such a nice opportunity to stay indoors and work on projects).


I am REALLY excited to start taking advantage of our neighborhood this spring, because it is fabulous. We have a great, design-y sewing shop a few streets over (with a fun yarn store next to it), and a couple little row of fun restaurants and bars in every direction.


Two blocks away is a hip little area with an Irish bar, a low-key beer bar, two coffee shops*, a garden store, a New Orleans-style restaurant, and a sweet wine shop (Gem Wine Cellar). A block up from that is Whole Foods.

I am really excited to be in such a hip little hood, and be able to be car-less for a little bit longer (we will likely have to get one, if Sebastien gets a job in wine country).

*If we want coffee in our neighborhood , we head the other direction to Extracto. It is delicious and super cute.

2 comments:

TheMuscatoHansens said...

I would love to be able to walk around that neighborhood and explore those spots! Some days I really wish I lived in the city to be able to enjoy it all!

Hope said...

The store in the photo is a wood-only toy shop. I LOVE it! If/when I have kids, I hope to get them only recycled and/or wood (and bamboo) toys!