Monday, April 12, 2010

A Glorious Vancouver Weekend!

I had been hearing rumors all last week that the weather was supposed to be cold and rainy. Needless to say, I was SO happy when I woke up Saturday morning, and the sun was up! I did a little sewing in the morning (working on the monsters), and then met Sebastien for a nice long walk along the seawall before dinner.


This is one of the first places we walked, I have always wondered about this installation. This particular quote reads fully, "Come to time where people talk different but good together." For a little insight...


My sweetheart, looking sweet.


Us trying to take a picture of ourselves lying on the grass together. I have to admit that I like the way it came out, anyway!


The concrete factory on Granville Island.


An art installation along the seawall. The bird's wings flap in the wind (the sails are a little worse for the wear right now though).


A very cute and VERY excited puppy we saw on our walk.


The floating ramp to the water taxis.


Logs on the beach.


Sunday we went to church, and then I met a good friend for an exhibit at the Museum of Vancouver, and then we went for a walk around our neighborhood with our friend and former professor, Stephen Duff, making a map of interesting restaurants and points of interest for a group of architeture students. The students are from the University of Oregon, and are doing a three-month study abroad term in Vancouver. I am very happy to say that I will be helping out with their urban design charette this week (giving the students design feedback)and then assisting through the term as well as an adjunct instructor.
These are just a few photos we took around our neighborhood:

This is a block or two from my office.


There are so many flowers in bloom!


Here are three trouble-makers, up to no good.

3 comments:

Sandra Vander Schaaf said...

What a delicious day, Hopey. One for the memory books.

Christine said...

AWESOME pics Hope! I love reading your blog. Seb DOES look sweet in his picture! And that cute boxer puppy looks JUST like my CJ that i gave to Kathie in Maine. Sometimes i miss her lovey looks and licks. ~ It was so good talking to you tonight. Love you guys!!!! xo ~ c ~

Unknown said...

so beautiful, I am jealous of your ability to just go out the door and walk....sometimes I do miss city livin' !! :) love you!