Friday, May 28, 2010

Dinner Date

My favorite part of just about every day is the time I get to sit down with Sebastien for dinner. We are both busy, busy people, so on those crazy nights, frequently we prepare something quick (usually a stirfry or burritos). Every night, one of us sets the table and puts on "dinner appropriate music" (what that is, is debatable - sometimes even Hot Chip is okay dinner music; sometimes not). We hold hands across the table and say the following prayer (by Satish Kumar - although I didn't know this before just now):


Lead me from death to life;
From falsehood to truth.

Lead me from despair to hope;
From fear to trust.

Lead me from hate to love;
From war to peace.

Let peace fill our hearts, our world, our universe.

Amen


After we say this prayer, I feel quieted, and we can continue on with a lovely dinner. Even though it is sometimes a much quicker meal than I would like, I really appreciate the time we have to gather our thoughts, join our hands together, and give thanks for all our blessings.

2 comments:

Scott & Phoebe said...

Beautiful. Gonna use that use that one for sure. Thanks!

TheMuscatoHansens said...

Wow, WONDERFUL, thanks for sharing!