Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Another Step, Almost Finished!

Today is Wednesday. For the past 15 weeks, this has meant that I will not see Sebastien after work until after 10:pm, because he is taking a class. Specifically, he is taking the Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Wine and Spirits, from the Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET).

Tonight is his final class, and next Wednesday he is taking a really daunting exam. Even before he started taking these classes, I was amazed by his knowledge of wines, and his capacity to remember minutia, but now....


Let's just say that, as I review flashcards with him for his exam, I am frequently blown away by ability to remember the tiniest details about soils, and climate, and production, and wine regions, and wine law, etc. He is amazing, and I am so proud of his initiative in taking these courses (he took the intermediate course last year).

I have little idea what this certificate may mean in the future, but I know whatever it is, will be great! Way to go, Sebastien! You give me inspiration every day.

-And after you are finished next week, let's go out for some BEER.

4 comments:

Christine, yer wine-lovin sis-in-law said...

I love you guys. Hope, i love your admiration of Seb, and Seb, i love that you are following your HEART and love of life and wine. Good luck, and yes, Seb, indeed you DO ROCK! <3

Unknown said...

Thanks Hope, for all your support. I'll be glad when its over. It will mean more time for enjoying dinner and wine with you.
S

TheMuscatoHansens said...

Sounds fantastic! Hoping it all goes well and that you guys are enjoying summer and fine wine!!!

Tamara said...

Wish Seb good luck on the exam from us. I'm looking forward to helping him use his new skills.