Monday, June 28, 2010

This Weekend: Invitation Design!

This weekend, I have to admit that I was at work a bit finishing up with some graphics for a report, but I was also working on a really fun project too.

I designed the invitations to my friend Leanne's engagement party. She and her fiance are having their wedding at a resort, and they don't get the fun of sending out their own wedding invitations (it was fun for me, at least!), so they wanted to create something special for their engagement party. She asked me to do it a while ago, and I have been working on it in bits and spurts.


It was quite a fun design challenge for me, because Severine (Leanne's fiance) wants to incorporate paisley into their wedding design, and Leanne is using different feathers for the event. I decided to combine the two, and came up with this motif for them. This is the pattern that is used sparingly on the front of the invitation, and also on the backside, to reinforce the theme. I think they eventually want to get label stickers with this pattern on them too! I am so happy they like my design. It was great to see Leanne so excited about it!

I will post the final results (the front of the card) soon - it is missing their picture right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did I every tell you my parents used to have paisley curtains in their bedroom when i was a kid. It was really weird. Anyway, it wouldn't have been so bad if it was like this.... more light and Scandinavian.

Tamara said...

Love it, Hopey!